How do I get this deal again?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by piatti, Mar 3, 2012.

1. piatti, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

2. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

3. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Its a 1366 x 768 resolution. Most cheap 15" laptops have that. In my opinion that is a horrendous resolution. The 11" MBA has that resolution. Fujitsu might call their screan crystal or whatever. Which means you'll most likely get good colours. But only a 1366x768 on a 15.6" is crap and very pixely.

In terms of other hardware. Both are great deals.

4. piatti, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

For the Fujitsu, now is $519. Is it a fair deal then?

For the MSI, isn't it hard to get even a desktop computer for $430 with i5?

----------

Also, I heard that if you are going to buy a laptop computer but primarily use it at home, it's better to buy desktop computer instead for the same price.. But when I check the specs of desktop that are about $500, they are really about the same specs as laptops and come out to be even a little expensiver when you add the screen?

So I thought it would be better to just buy a cheap laptop with external display instead of a desktop?

----------

How can you buy without the OS pre-installed when you buy a cheap laptop about $400? So if you want to install Windows Ultimate yourself, and want to avoid having to pay for a Windows Home Premium pre-installed but you won't use anyway, is there a way to buy a laptop that doesn't have an operating system installed but comes with the latest core? (I'm under the impression maybe if I just buy a 3 year old cheap laptop it might not be powerful enough to run Windows 7 on it?)

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Desk tops to me are good for gamers and media centers and that's in. You can change a laptop into a desktop, but you can't take a desk top and turn it into a laptop.