How do i get video off a JVC Everio hard disc camcorder?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by equalsabracket, Feb 8, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

I've googled for ages and ages to find a solution to this but there doesn't seem to be one. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this?

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

No instruction manual?

Some of the Everios use a firewire connection on a cradle that the camcorder sits in to transfer video (even though firewire is generally the domain of tape-based camcorders). It's hard to know precisely what method yours uses without the precise model number.

The UK JVC site has manuals for download. If you know the model number, that might well be a good idea assuming you don't have the manual handy.

Andrew.

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Hey there,

Check this tutorial I made, and if you still can't email me and I'll help you with the drivers you'll need.

The tutorial video is no longer available...I will post some new instructions soon however. If you have ilife 09 or later (not that a later one is out yet), then please just try connecting your everio, open iMoive09, turn on the everio to the Play position if it has one on the switch, then wait. Mine is generally detected now, and imports my movies on it's own.

Brian