General How do I get widgets on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by budmonster, Mar 4, 2014.

1. budmonster macrumors regular

I keep reading about people using widgets on there iPhone or iPad just like Android. Tweaks like LockHTML3 and iWidget are some of the ones I saw on Cydia. I'm new to jailbreaking and was curious on what I need to install to be able to add and use widgets? What tweaks do I need to use or should have? Is there a place to get all these widgets, somewhere people post there work? I did try Google, it was just overwhelming.

Thanks for helping the new guy out...

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Go to Cydia. Search for iWidgets and install the tweak. Anything listed in Cydia as an iWidget will work with iWidgets. Some of them you have to buy if you want them.

Cydia also has categories, so if you just want a list of available iWidgets you can look in there.

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I'd like basic widgets from Dashboard X. Im going to give it a few more weeks until they release it for iOS 7.

----------

Are you new to jailbreaking as in you need to know what to have to jailbreak or just to install the widgets? The previous post explains how to get widgets. You can jailbreak on 7.0.6 (which you are already on with your devices) with evasi0n. Use one of the tutorials online or find one in the forums.

Happy Jailbreaking!

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Uh, yeah, as I understand it Dashboard X has not been updated for iOS 7 yet. At least I have not seen an update.

5. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

I'm new to jbing I did it recently. I was just curious on how to install widgets like what you need to do it. I saw that modmyi forums have a widget thread where people post there widgets.