How do I go about sending back my Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jhonb, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jhonb macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 4 from Apple on a pre-order mailed directly from China. How do I go about sending it back and activating my old iPhone? Do I deal with AT&T, Apple or both?

2. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Why would you send it back? It's the best phone Apple has made to date.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Visit your nearest Apple store to return the iPhone 4. With regards to activating your old iPhone then you can just attach it to iTunes with the iPhone 4 sim in (will need to buy an adapter).

4. KidFresh macrumors regular

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've heard that if you ordered from the online apple store, you have to mail it back to them, can't take it into a physical store.

6. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Is this true?? I've heard both at this point, and both from apple employees as well. :confused: It would be nice to know if I ordered online I could still return it in-store within the 30 days. Otherwise I'll have to buy it in-store.

7. kysee macrumors newbie

You just have a very simple problem...'
    Call apple store where you bought your gadget.

8. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Edit: Withdrawn, assuming you were responding to the OP. But no need to be so condescending to an honest question. Let the record show you're a newb as well. :p ...with a whole 5 oh-so-helpful posts at that.

My question still stands though, since I've received contradicting responses from apple. Not sure what to believe, so a personal experience would be helpful.