How do I go about this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hockeyhammer, Mar 3, 2011.

1. hockeyhammer macrumors regular

So I have been saving up for an iPad for a while, finally have enough, would love to get an iPad 2. I'm from Ontario and am going to Florida for spring break. Since the iPad will not be released up here until the 25th I would love to get one while on vacation. I have all the money in American I need and figured out tax and duty. Here's the thing I'm going to Daytona Beach, where there are no apple stores. We will drive through Jacksonville sometime around noon on Saturday march 12. Will they have stock still? There's a bestbuy a block from my hotel, will they have any? I'm looking for a white 32gb wifi only model, ill take black if it's all thats left. Any tips or suggestions.
    P.s. Is there any way I can reserve or hold one at apple or bestbuy?
    Thanks!!

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

there is absolutely no way we can determine if any stores will have stock when you go. none of us here have any idea what each store will be receiving as far as number of units, of course Apple will have more than a Best Buy but whether or not they have any when you go is another story.

Your best bet is to either call the day you plan on going to see what the line situation is like and if they have quantity or to just take a chance and go, but there's no way we can tell that info this far in advance

and as far as i've heard there will be no pre orders or reservations, so its first come first served. You may be able to call before you head out and see if they'll hold one for you, as doubtful as that is, its more of a store to store, associate to associate basis

good luck

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It would be best to find someone you trusted to buy it on the 11th and hold it for you, in Jacksonville, for you to pick up. I have a sneaky suspicion that Apple does not have enough iPad 2 units to satisfy the int ital demand.