How do I hide the clock on the lock screen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cualexander, Sep 28, 2008.

1. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere but I searched and did not see it.
    I want the clock to be gone away so I have more room for a cool looking wallpaper image. I don't really care about the time anyhow, I have a watch.

Any ideas? I've seen tutorials how to do it on 1.1.4, but according to my research these no longer work on 2.1. I would think with the jailbreak though that surely it would be possible.

2. minoverta macrumors member

minoverta

That's was a piece of cake. I used fontlab Pro Studio and only removed the 268 glyphs from the LockClock.ttf file and generate the fonts. I replaced de new LockClock.ttf file in System/Library/Fonts/Cache/ and the LockClock is gone. There's no need to make the font transparent like some people do. The transparent ones wil crash your system with firmware 2.2.1. The method I use wil not and what background I use, the LockClock is gone, as simple as that.

For hidding the date that's something else but also a piece of cake. Go to System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats/ en open the uk.plist (or another languange). Remove EEEE, d MMM in the file like below.

<string>EEEE, d MMM</string>

Remove EEEE, d MMM

You get <string><string> and save the file in your own language. I live in the Netherlands so I called the file nl.plist. Replace this new file in System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats/ and the date is gone from the lockscreen.

I put the LockClock.ttf file without the glyphs below.

Succes for those who are interested.

I only use double bar from cydia and didn't do much on my lockscreen yet but I'd like to show you.

Attached Files:

3. minoverta macrumors member

minoverta

I tested it also on the iPhone 3G and works like a charm.

Attached Files:

4. minoverta macrumors member

minoverta

To remove the banner on your lockscreen put the empty UILCDBackground.png image in the UIIMAGES directory from your theme (Library/Themes). Tip: You don't have to SSH al this stuff I discribed. Use DiskAid with USB cable.

Attached Files:

5. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

i don't understand why you all want your iphone too look like they have windows on? :S

6. plainzer0 macrumors newbie

Bringing up an old forum... !

Please help:

I tried to follow these instructions to delete the clock/date from the lockscreen. I got the clock away no problem, I couldnt not delete the date. I have a 3GS...

Now because I couldnt get it to work by deleting the text you suggested for removing the date, i wiped everything clear to try it, when I rebooted... all text under all of my apps is missing. Everything is else is fine apart from the text under the apps.

I tried replacing the old file (as I backed it up) but it wont work. Can any one please help me (I would rather not have to restore it)...

Many Thanks.

7. john0300 macrumors newbie

lockscreen

I tried to follow these instructions to delete the clock/date from the lockscreen. I got the clock away no problem, I couldnt not delete the date. I have a 3S please help me too my email is John0300@gmail.com

8. Iono macrumors newbie

original LockClock.tff

does anyone have the original LockClock.tff they could post plz