How do I hook my macbook pro into my ps3

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by corry20, Nov 21, 2007.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I want to use my macbook pro as a monitor since my internet connection isn't near my tv.I wan to hook my PS3 into my macbook pro and use it for online gaming does anybody know how to do this?

2. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

No, I mean, you can reverse engineer the Macbook. But... for the cost of breaking the Macbook, you would be better off with either an RCA to VGA connection box on a monitor, but realize, after about 15 inches of monitor the games will start to look really crappy.

As of now I doubt there is any form of HDMI to DVI/VGA box/cable out. Even so, there might be a major quality loss. Your best bet is to get a computer monitor either from Dell or HP that allows multiple inputs. You will see the inputs either on the box or whatever.

EDIT - http://www.optimization-world.com/products/catid/4.html. I found this, problem is it won't work in your situation as I don't think the PS3 outputs such, I know the Xbox 360 Elite does so..

EDIT - Actually, doing some research the PS3 does support an HDMI cable. But, if you don't have the monitor none of this does you any good. You can get a good sized monitor, oh about 20-24 inches for about 220-350 with DVI and multiple other ports available on the backside. One monitor I recommend is the HP w1907 22inch Widescreen. It's not too big but just big enough to get what I want done. It's a glossy display but the colours are just gorgeous, and it has settings for gaming, video watching, picture viewing, and text viewing which alter the the way things look dramatically. I paid 230.00 for mine, not a bad price!

Good luck wit that...

4. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

Are you saying the xbox360ellite you can play on the macbookpro?Thanks for you'r help

5. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

I highly doubt that doing that is possible.

6. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

why don't you just buy a nice long network cable instead? Or better yet, get a wireless router?

7. ToddW macrumors 6502a

or a usb input device like the eye tv hybrid. or go get you an external monitor.

8. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

No, I'm just saying you can get a monitor with a DVI input and you can connect your PS3 to that. And you can also connect your Macbook via VGA to it too, so you would get two uses out of it really...