How do I hook up my HDMI-equipped Raspberry Pi with my cinema display?

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I have a 24" Cinema Display from 2009 and I'd like to hook my Raspberry Pi computer up to it, what kind of adapter am I looking for, and could anyone link me?

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have a 24" Cinema Display from 2009 and I'd like to hook my Raspberry Pi computer up to it, what kind of adapter am I looking for, and could anyone link me?
THe 24" Cinema uses MiniDisplay. SO you'll need Belkin's HDMI to MiniDisplay to start. Does the Pi use a digital or analog video out? Fingers crossed it's digital, probably Dvi, so you'll need a cheap DVI to HDMI. So full adapters will be Pi port to full length Dvi, DVI to HDMI, then Belkin converter to MiniDisplay port. If the Pi outputs directly to HDMI, then just grab the Belkin adapter.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
THe 24" Cinema uses MiniDisplay. SO you'll need Belkin's HDMI to MiniDisplay to start. Does the Pi use a digital or analog video out? Fingers crossed it's digital, probably Dvi, so you'll need a cheap DVI to HDMI. So full adapters will be Pi port to full length Dvi, DVI to HDMI, then Belkin converter to MiniDisplay port. If the Pi outputs directly to HDMI, then just grab the Belkin adapter.
Thanks! And yes, the Raspberry Pi outputs directly to HDMI.

Is this it? http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=508267

o_O

I could buy six Raspberry Pis for the price of an adapter.