How do i hook up My macbook pro to a tv?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by desi22601, May 29, 2008.

1. desi22601 macrumors member

Well both of my tvs have svideo because they are fairly old, i plan on buying a new lcd tv soon! .. my monitor takes vga though so my question is how do i hook up my macbook pro to my vga monitor or a tv if i get it soon? Im pretty sure the macbook pro doesn't have a svideo input , it has a dvi though right? do i use the dvi to vga adapter and connect that to my monitor.. after that is connected will my macbook pro automatically be on my monitor screen? yea sorry im a noob :rolleyes:

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Once you plug your tv to the VGA port, you will see the picture show. You control it just like any other external display at that point AFAIK.

3. sharky05 macrumors regular

4. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

Depending on your tv, some vga inputs may be limited to certain resolutions. Also, your MBPs native resolution is higher than lots of lcds, so using an dvi-hdmi converter, and using a tvs hdmi input, you will be able to get better quality.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Make certain that the new LCD will have HDMI. You'll need a mouse or keyboard to 'wake' the MBPro out of 'clamshell mode'. You'll need to purchase a DVI to HDMI cable; I paid $13 at Cables Unlimited on Amazon.