How do I import a Gmail calendar into MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by devinh, Jun 21, 2010.

1. devinh macrumors member

devinh

My wife was previously using Gmail for her calendar. How do I import that calendar into her MobileMe calendar? She is using a PC if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

2. devinh thread starter macrumors member

devinh

I am aware that she could use her Gmail calendar with the iPhone (which she has been doing) but she wants to start using the MobileMe suite and not lose any of her calendar events in the process.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Is she also using iCal? Or just the web-based calendar? If using iCal, follow the instructions on this Google help page, then sync your iCal to MobileMe.

4. devinh thread starter macrumors member

devinh

She is using the web-based Google calendar. I was able to export her Google calendar and save the file (iCalendar File .ics) to the PC desktop if that helps. I used the link you sent to me. Not sure where to go from there.

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Oh so she's on a PC (not a Mac)?

In that case, I think you'll have to have some intermediate software. If you have Outlook, you can try syncing the Google calendar to that (using 1-way sync), then syncing that to MobileMe, then stop syncing to the Google Calendar.

If you don't have Outlook, there are a few pieces of software that might help you, but I'm not sure what they're called or how they work. Trying doing a web search.