How do I import videos on Final cut pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by duranduranie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. duranduranie macrumors member

I have my firewire connected to my camera but I am not sure what to click in order to import my videos. I know nothing about technical terms and stuff so I used Imovie but i don't have that anymore. How do I do this on FCP? thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With every major software purchase like Final Cut or Avid comes a big book called a manual. Even if not (why-ever) there is a Final Cut Manual in the Help menu which states that you press CMD + 8 to open the Log and Capture windows (also access-able through Menu > File > Log and Capture.

Now you only have to have project settings that are compatible with you camera's video.

If you recorded in Standard Definition (SD) you choose one of the many NTSC (USA, Japan) or PAL (Europe) settings that come with it.

If you recorded High Definition you choose the appropriate one (720p, 1080i/p).
    COnsult the camera's manual for the proper settings.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you don't know how to import video in Final Cut Pro, I wouldn't even try to use it. Final Cut is a very complex program. If you want to take a course or devote a big chunk of time to learning from a book, that's fine, but otherwise go pick up a copy of iLife.