How do i increase font size for the entire system?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by slipper, Dec 27, 2010.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

I finally hooked up my Mac Mini as a HTPC. One problem im getting is the font size is a little too small viewing from the couch. How can i increase the systems default font size? I already increased the desktops size to 16 and that seems to be perfect but i cant seem to adjust anything else such as the Finder, Menu, Sys Prefs, etc.

2. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

3. akin67 macrumors newbie

Can't increase fonts on a global basis on Mac Mini connected to TV

I just purchased a MacMini (with OSX Lion) to use as HTPC. Unfortunately when sitting on a couch 10 ft away all the fonts are too small to read. Yes I realize that I can zoom in web pages etc. However, even then all the browser system fonts are still tiny making it difficult to browse.

I realize I can drastically reduce the screen resolution, but then I woulld not be able to view HD video. I am surprised that Apple does not provide a way to increase system font sizes. Has anyone figured out a work around to this?

4. digger1985 macrumors newbie

Install Windows which has been providing such an option since XP. Don't believe the Mac hype.

5. waw74 macrumors 68030

HTPC = home theatre PC

not really meant to be used in the same way as a desktop (or laptop) computer.

most programs used on them have a "10 foot" interface. like plex, xbmc, hulu desktop, front row.

you can zoom in on the whole screen using cmd-option-equals (cmd-option-minus to zoom out) or control-scroll (using mouse wheel or touch pad). you will zoom in on the screen, and the zoomed window will follow the cursor.