how do i increase the size of text in documents?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TranceRm, Mar 3, 2011.

1. TranceRm macrumors newbie

Hi, i just got a mac and it seems very different sometimes compared to PC. I am using documents instead of word on the Mac and i have giant essay due tommorow and its already late, i turned it in before but the text was so small you couldn't read it, now i have to turn it in by tommorow and the only thing stopping me is how to make the text bigger. I know Command and + can do it but i am on a PC keyboard and it doesn't have command on it, i do however have the windows button so i tried that and it seemed to work earlier today for something else i was printing but when i go on the document and try it everytime I hit the two buttons the format tab ligths up.

I went into format and text and it said bigger text so i thought id click it but nothing happens. Im sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums im just really in a snag here. I never knew i would miss microsoft office so much...

2. simsaladimbamba

With "documents" do you mean the application Pages or TextEdit?
    Can't you select the text and choose a font size of your liking, 12 is usually used for such documents?
    O suppose you have a Mac mini then?

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. TranceRm thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i open documents and then text edit, and the text doesn't really look that small on the page, it looks like normal 12 sized font, but when i print it its like size 2 or 3 just by judging it. Yes, i do have a mac mini.

4. simsaladimbamba

5. TranceRm thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright i got it to work, thankyou. I went into PDF and saw it was still small and it wouldn't let me change the font size but when i opened your document, copy and pasted my essay, then did the command + and it let me change the font. I don't know why it wasn't letting me do it before. But thankyou very much!

6. simsaladimbamba

Good to year, but I want some credit for the font size text you obviously have to leave in, otherwise you don't have any good essay title. ;)
    Hopefully you get an acceptable grade for your work, me and myself were never that fond of written tests.

7. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34