How do I install a program from a .bin/.cue file?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rumti, Jun 21, 2009.

1. rumti macrumors newbie

Total newb. Totally lost.

I have a .bin/.cue file of a language learning program, and I can't figure out how to install it.

I have searched the forums here and elsewhere and was able to use Toast Titanium 7 to mount the .bin/.cue file, and that seemed to be a complete success, the file appeared on the desktop like a CD or DVD would...

But, the mounted file only leads me to a basic window containing program files with weird extensions (e.g. autorun.apm; autorun.inf; autorun.exe, as well as others such as .snd; .bah; .dah.; .dal.) There doesn't seem to be anyway to install anything, and definitely nothing is "autorunning."

All of the info necessary for the program to work seems to be present (I have seen preview pics in Toast of individual video/pic files,) but I just can't find a way to initiate the install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Patchy
    patchy.mcdooj@hotmail.com

2. ihabime macrumors 6502

If the iso contains autorun.apm, autorun.inf, autorun.exe files then it's likely you've downloaded the Windows version instead of the Mac version of whatever game/program you were torrenting.