how do i install new nvidia mbp drivers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by otis123, Feb 17, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

ok, so i DL'ed the 179.48 drivers and i tried to run the install, but it said it couldn't find any drivers compatible with my system, so how do i update the driver for the 9600m GT?

2. m1stake macrumors 68000

You're doing it in Windows right? Silly question, but you never know.

3. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. dacaliao macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem as you. I'm using windows xp 32bit and d/l'd nvidia's latest beta drivers 179.48 for notebooks. It gives me the same exact error msg.

i then attempted to d/l several laptopvideo2go drivers using their method to change the inf file and was able to install those,but then boot camp automatically reverts to the old vga drivers with an error saying it's not compatible. Very strange. Anyone have a solution to this?

5. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

Drivers posted on Nvidias site wont work with most mobile chips, they are made for the desktop GPUs. There are some websites out there that alter Nvidias files so they will install on mobile units however. I would recommend www.laptopvideo2go.com .. they put out some very good stuff.

6. dacaliao macrumors newbie

thunder, Nvidia has recently began releasing drivers for mobile GPUs. These drivers support most gpus available today. Many ppl claim great experiences with the latest drivers, my problem is I'm getting the same error msg as the OP - "unable to find hardware compatible with these drivers", which doesn't make sense at all.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod