Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusbemac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Anywhere
Hello everybody!

Good evening!

I googled a lot this solution and I didn't find what I needed.

I'm running Mountain Lion on Mac mini and I use VMWare 4 Fusion. I don't have a Snow Leopard 10.6 DMG, I have only an original DVD of Snow Leopard 10.6.3. VMWare doesn't read the ISOs because my Mac mini doesn't have a DVD reader or driver. VMWare demands the DMG file. I didn't buy SL from Mac App Store, and SL was dropped from Mac App Store since Lion 10.7 was released.

Do you know how I install the SL's ISO on VMWare or become SL's ISO on DMG?

Remember my DVD of Snow Leopard doesn't have an InstallESD.dmg.

Thank you for your attention, understanding and help!

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Not Having a DVD aside, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can install the normal client version of SL on a virtual machine. I think it's only the server edition that is supported. They allow the Lion client but not SL.

gusbemac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Anywhere
Not Having a DVD aside, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can install the normal client version of SL on a virtual machine. I think it's only the server edition that is supported. They allow the Lion client but not SL.

Too bad, but I need a lot SL for developing and compiling the QT4 and one app, so Mountain Lion isn't good at QT4, and QT4 isn't smoothy in ML. If I build an app with QT4 in ML, the app won't work in the previous OS.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
VMware Fusion v3.x.x and higher supports the following 32-Bit and 64-Bit client versions of (Mac) OS X (tested):
10.4.x (requires an existing 10.5.x VM; no direct installation), 10.5.x, 10.6.x, 10.7.x and 10.8.x. I've all five versions installed.

Use google and search on macrumors.com. These sites can help you to create your own VMware compatible installation disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.