Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

new mac rhythm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
As a warning I am a new Mac user and need help!! I am currently abroad and my iPod Touch 4th gen was stolen. I can't see my photo stream on iCloud.com which I know was turned on and synced before the theft. This was a week ago. I am using my girlfriends Mac which has OS X 10.5.8, so I can't find iCloud on her computer to sync with my Apple ID to retrieve the photos from my camera roll. I really want to recover my photos (hundreds of travel photos) and I don't have $ to buy a new iPod until I return to the states. How do I update her Mac to include iCloud in the System Preferences? Any help is GREATLY appreciated! I feel lost out here in "no-mac-land". :confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a warning I am a new Mac user and need help!! I am currently abroad and my iPod Touch 4th gen was stolen. I can't see my photo stream on iCloud.com which I know was turned on and synced before the theft. This was a week ago. I am using my girlfriends Mac which has OS X 10.5.8, so I can't find iCloud on her computer to sync with my Apple ID to retrieve the photos from my camera roll. I really want to recover my photos (hundreds of travel photos) and I don't have $ to buy a new iPod until I return to the states. How do I update her Mac to include iCloud in the System Preferences? Any help is GREATLY appreciated! I feel lost out here in "no-mac-land". :confused:
iCloud requires Lion or later. It will not run on Leopard.

iCloud: System requirements

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks so much! One more question... Being abroad, will compatibility be an issue? Or can I just walk in to any mac store and purchase the Snow Leopard disk?
It may not be available in your local store. Call before you visit a store, or buy it online and have it shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.