How do I install WhatsApp beta with iCloud & push features?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Blackvibes, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Blackvibes macrumors member

Hey guys,

So I've been struggling over the past few days to get WhatsApp beta working on my 6+. I'm getting sick of the overly stretched WhatsApp and therefor would like to install the beta. Waiting for the official version might take more than a month I assume, incredibly slow..

Anyway, I finally managed to get WhatsApp Beta installed, but iCloud features (for Chat backup) are apparently off.
    Yes, I got iCloud completely enabled on my device

What should I do to get WhatsApp Beta working with iCloud (and push notifications, as by reading that is also a problem?)

--

I've got my own developer account, created both a development and distribution certificate, I've registered my iDevice, created a wildcard app (which thus didn't have iCloud features enabled) and wildcard development provision profile (as using a distribution profile didn't work (stuck on installing)). With the use of iResign I resigned the latest WhatsApp Beta with my distribution certificate and development profile. I beforehand installed the App Store version and then via iTunes updated WhatsApp with my resigned version. By that way, I have WhatsApp installed, but iCloud features seemed off. What am I doing wrong?

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Unfortunately notifications and icloud backup has been very messy from the beginning. Check the Apps forum, where i've posted in much detail on the topic.

3. Blackvibes thread starter macrumors member

With other words: iCloud backup isn't an option?

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

No, seems to only work 1/10 x.