How do I interpret this e-mail from ATT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brosx3, Jun 15, 2010.

1. brosx3 macrumors member

After hours of fruitless attempts online I went into an ATT store and got my upgrade within 20 minutes around 1 EST. At 4, I received a status email saying "Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to ship on or after June 24, 2010. Your order details as well as activation instructions are included below."

Does that mean that I got my upgrade in time to get it by the 24th or it will ship on the 24th? Checking at the ATT store it says that the phone is "in progress"

New to this whole process, has anyone gotten this same information?

2. jimmypopjr macrumors regular

I got the same email after reserving in the store. I reserved two phones in two separate transactions. I got the confirmation email for one phone, but not the other. this was between 11am and noon EST.

When I got the email I called the store up and asked Fred to clarify for me, because he told me it would be delivered on launch day. He went and spoke to his manager and came back and said:

"I'm glad you told me this, because it's the first I've heard of it, but as far as we know all these reservations are to be delivered on launch day."

Fred was a nice guy, helpful, and clearly was good at and enjoyed his job... I just don't know how much stock I'd put in 'as far as we know...'

3. brosx3 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for responding. I take everything the guys at ATT say with a grain of salt but good to know that I'm not the only one who received that email.

4. jimmypopjr macrumors regular

Someone on the IGN Mac forum mentioned that no matter where you reserve from, Apple is handling all the initial launch shipping. Dunno if that's true, but if Apple is the one shipping launch units, we'll probably have ours on the 24th.

Can't wait!

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, you said the email said
    That means you will NOT get it the 24th.

6. jimmypopjr macrumors regular

You're basing this statement on what? Not arguing, just looking for clarification. The wording obviously says what it says, we're just hoping it's a stock email or just another mistake in a big day of mistakes by AT&T.

7. kmonie360 macrumors member

most the shipments from att will leave on the 24th i highly doubt they will go earlier than that

8. brosx3 thread starter macrumors member

Does that mean that no orders from ATT will be delivered by the 24th or because I ordered at 1 EST and that was too late?

9. jimmypopjr macrumors regular

I guess I'm just holding out hope of getting it on launch day, since it took them close to two hours to process my two upgrades. I made sure the guy in the store told me it was for launch day delivery, obviously the email says something else.

10. keystoneuser macrumors member

11. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I went back to the ATT store to ask and there was no one there at 845pm. The sales kid said today was a huge debacle (glad he admits it) and honestly doesn't know what to think. They were getting real time updated emails from their regional manager? And right now its unclear what happened and what's going on for launch day. He was like, "dood I don't even know if we're getting any inventory in on the 23rd. Its all screwed up..."

As far as this sales kid knew they were told all morning that anyone that pre-orders and has it shipped to their house will receive it on launch day. BUT he has been hearing otherwise from other stores and online. Granted this is all speculation but he said if I don't get it on launch day that it should arrive by the 25th and if it doesn't. Sorry... Probably Monday...

that's unacceptable!