How do I jailbreak my touch in 1.1.3??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by music.addict411, Feb 4, 2008.

1. music.addict411 macrumors member

music.addict411

I have upgraded my iPod touch to 1.1.3, and also I have bought the new apps for $2. I'm just wondering if there is any way to jailbreak my iPod without getting rid of the apps.

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Why would you want to jailbreak it if you have already paid for the apps?

3. iskhj000 macrumors member

Similiar question

I am have the same question: I found the EASIEST way to downgrade 1.1.3!

But I have one issue:

I don't think I have right 1.1.1 software

How do I know if this is the right software I should be selecting? Is there another link I can use?

Sorry If you have said this some where but can't find it but I miss my APPs.

PS: I am runnning on Windows XP

4. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

you can

you can jailbreak 1.1.3 but it involves downgrading to 1.1.1 then jailbreaking that then upgrading to 1.1.2 and jailbreaking that. Jailbreaking 1.1.2 can't be done on iTune 7.6 so you have to downgrade to 7.5. Then upgrade to the jailbroken 1.1.3

you will lose those apps you paid for. but you can easily get them back through the installer.app for free

5. bnizzy macrumors member

The link is probably fine.
    You just need to put your ipod into restore mode.

Do this by pushing the power and home button together, hang on to it until everything goes blank. Then release the power button but keep on pushing the home button for another 10-20 seconds, and it will enter restore mode.

THEN push alt-restore and select file.

Gluck!