How do I just Bypass ATT activation?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thejoe, Oct 21, 2007.

1. thejoe macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just got my first new iphone about 1 hour ago. I've been reading the forum the past 2 days and still unsure of things.

From reading another post these are your basic options.

activated = gets you past the "sign up for at&t" screens, without signing up. you can sync with itunes, use the included software, etc

jailbroken = able to mod the system files, add applications, ringtones, etc

sim-unlocked/unlocked = able to use any GSM sim from any carrier

Right now I just want to take it one step at a time and just bypass ATT activation. How would I go about doing just that? I'll jailbroken and unlocked my iphone later?

thanks

thejoe

2. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

I think you answered you question. Just do them in the order you listed.

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

He/she wants to know how.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

To bypass activation, so you basically have an iPod touch, simply click here. Follow the instructions.

5. thejoe thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the information. I do have my iphone unlocked and jailbreak. I went out about bought a t-mobile pre-paid phone and swap the sim cards. Everything is working great.

Thanks again

thejoe

6. Roguepirate macrumors member

So if i wanted to use my current Cingular SIM & plan and not have to pay for the data plan (im not interested in edge service) then this would work?

7. joebells macrumors 6502

Thats exactly what I want personally. I have it currently set up that way with 1.0.2 I don't want to mess around with any system files really. I like how the 1.0.2 activation hack only involved sending a fake activation response. And see no information about that for 1.1.1 just methods that replace lockdownd