how do I keep Airport off at startup?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by 617arg, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 617arg macrumors 6502

Is there a way to keep Airport from automatically coming on at start up? I know there must be )and it's probably very straightforward), because that's how I had my computer set up for years, but somehow it has started to just turn itself on every time I start the machine and I can't seem to figure out how to keep it off.

Thanks for your help!

2. nambuccaheadsau macrumors 6502a

nambuccaheadsau

Have a look at this link. This guy has written scripts for OS X.4, X.5 and X.6 which should work in Lion:-

http://macstuff.beachdogs.org/blog/?p=44

Do you turn off Wi-Fi in Network > System Preferences?

3. 617arg thread starter macrumors 6502

Does this really require a script? I'm pretty sure that a few weeks ago Airport wasn't automatically turning itself on.

4. papoopeepoo macrumors member

My Airport stays off all the time, because I have it turned off in the Network System Preferences. Is your wi-fi turned off there?

5. 617arg thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I remember doing before, and what has worked until recently. Now, even though I turn it off in System Preferences, it comes on automatically each time I boot the computer up.

6. papoopeepoo macrumors member

In the network pref pane, select wi-fi (or AirPort pre-Lion), and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list window. This needs to be done with the padlock unlocked, by the way.

That may do the trick for you.