How do I keep icons on desktop or dock?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by desertratr, Sep 7, 2008.

1. desertratr macrumors newbie

Mac newbie. I like lots of desktop icons, some as actual files, and most a shortcuts to launch things. How do do that in Mac? Also, I believe the Mac analog to Windows quick launch tool bar is the dock, right? How do I keep those icons there? For example I installed Skype, and the big blue circle with the white S disappears, and I have to find it all over again (something not easy) and relaunch it. I'd like that icon to stay there. Also, how do I remove icons from the dock?

2. andrewpoll macrumors newbie

Its very easy all you do is drag the icon out of applications onto your dock and it will stay there. To take something out of the dock you just drag it out...

3. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Right click and select keep in dock. If it's not open just drag the icon to the dock.

4. mac core macrumors newbie

hi

if you want put any files in the dock , just click and keep push the mouse button on the file you want move it where ever you want

have a good day.;)

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

For future looking for a programme not in the dock, you can just use Spotlight (CMD + Space bar) and typing in the name of the software. Normally it is located under Applications (in the sidebar). And you can drag the Applications folder to the dock if it isn't already there.