How do i keep the original boot logos when using pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by btnnaz, Jul 22, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

i dont care for the pinnaple or the steve.

Thanks

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

You need to create a new ipsw. When you are doing it select advanced options and deactivate the custom logos.

3. white89gt macrumors regular

I went through this last night. If you're wanting to keep the original boot logos, advanced mode is the way to go. However, there are some things that the simple mode automatically takes care of for you that you'll have to do yourself in advanced mode. The process settings for jailbreaking aren't the same as jailbreaking+unlocking.

4. yehudah72 macrumors regular

yehudah72

what do you mean? i used both methods, Simple and Expert, and my iPhone 2.0 was Unlocked, JailBroken, and Activated with both methods... the only reason i used the Expert is to change the boot logo and REMOVE Cydia (Cydia kept freezing up mu phone).

i read somewhere that if you use EXPERT mode and don't manually change anything, it will do the same thing as the SIMPLE mode... do you know if that's true?

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It should be the case.

6. white89gt macrumors regular

Not necessarily....if you're an ATT customer, you don't need to bootneuter or hacktivate. You'll have to disable those manually IF you don't need them when using expert mode.