How do i keep track of the hardware inside Al macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by coolquasar, Nov 10, 2008.

1. coolquasar macrumors member

Hi guys,

Am in HongKong and got my new Al macbook from a re-seller here (as there are no apple stores)...
    Couple of days after my purchase i noticed 2 dead pixels on the screen....

I called the re-seller demandin a replacement, but it seems it would take 2 weeks for him to get me a new one...But am leavin hongkong the comin week...

So i called Apple n asked for replacement statin the defect n my situation, the technician said that, replacement is not possible for 2 dead pixels, n promised that i cud get my screen alone replaced frm an apple authorised service center...

So i met the service center guy, n he agreed to replace the screen alone within 2 days....

Acutually, i don trust that service center guy (he seems really fishy :mad:), i feel that, in the disguise of replacin the screen, he may stealthily replace the new RAM, superdrive, HDD (i don have any data in it), with the old ones...also, i doubt whether he wud really replace the screen with a genuine apple certified LED backlit....

So before i send it for repair, i want to profile my hardware in the macbook n save the hardware specifications like each of their serial number and stuff like that, so that when i get back the macbook after replacin the screen i can re-check whether he has done any mischief....

So Could u guys help me with this please???

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Run System Profiler from your Utilities folder. It will provide information on the internals of your MB.

3. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

Will i be able to save the results onto a file, so that i can mail it??

4. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

And, Can i get the serial number of the devices using the system profiler??

5. Tosser macrumors 68030

Look at the system profiler. Copy/paste. That's it.

Other than that, click on the apple in the top left corner, click "about this mac" and then click twice on the version number – you will see the serial there.