How do i kill password request on new OS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phil in ocala, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

Accepted the new update to the OS in my iPhone 5C and mistakenly added a password as demanded by apple...I don't want a password...anyone know how I can kill this demand for this and the constant demand for user and password for iTunes??????????

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Are you referring to the passcode to unlock your phone? You should be able to turn that off.

"Change your settings" option on the following article should help you remove it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204060

If you don't want to go to the article, then: Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.

Then from here select, "Turn passcode off"

3. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

I got the latest update and there is NO TouchID and Passcode in any menu....maybe this new OS update deleted it as Apple decided we should no longer have it....this phone drives me nuts with constant demands for itunes password etc when I don't want or use itunes store.

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Since you have the 5c, there wouldn't be an option for Touch ID & Passcode. It should just be Settings then Passcode. I just left that part of the instruction in case others read this and had different devices.

As far as being prompted for your iTunes password, when does this occur? Does this only occur when you're attempting to download an app?

5. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

Itunes demand happens each time I turn on the phone...without fail..

6. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Try going into the settings for iTunes and enter the password there. You could also go into iCloud settings (if using the same account) and verify it there as well. I'm not sure why it's asking for that so frequently. That is definitely annoying. Another option would be to try to restart the phone to see if that helps at all.

7. petbird macrumors newbie

petbird

is it showing activation lock or is it asking for a passcode? if it is asking for a passcode, restore it using itunes. if it's asking for icloud username and password try and go to iforgot.apple.com and reset the password to your apple Id