How do I know how many Applications I left multitasking ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrema2, Jun 20, 2010.

1. andrema2 macrumors member

Maybe this is a silly question, but how do I know what applications are open and running since now I can multitask ?

I was able to jump from one application to the other, but if the other application is open isn't it consuming CPU cycles and eating battery and memory at the same time ?

How do I know which applications I left open ?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Double tap the home button, and the multitasking menu will pop up. This displays all of the apps currently open.

3. andrema2 thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean ? I can see almost all of my applications on the bottom of the screen and I can swipe my finger left or right. But I think it is not running applications since some of them I'm sure I haven't open.

The pop up you mean is on the top part of the screen ? If this is the case, then I assume that email, settings and applications such this doesn't have multitask enable. Since multitask is something new I would imagine that no third part application is multitask aware, but I was assuming that Apple's application was. Maybe I tested with the wrong ones (settings and email).