Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
How do I know how many songs I have selected in iTunes? Like, in Windows Explorer, it should say '2 objects selected', for instance. But in iTunes, it doesn't have that.

Thanks!

iSaint

macrumors 603
Gary King said:
How do I know how many songs I have selected in iTunes? Like, in Windows Explorer, it should say '2 objects selected', for instance. But in iTunes, it doesn't have that.

Thanks!

If you make a playlist you can tell that way. The number of songs and mb size appears at the bottom of the page. But you're right, just selecting a few from an active list doesn't give you that info to my knowledge. Similar to the playlist, selecting one album or one artist (or genre, etc) will give you total song size.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
People who write AppleScripts for iTunes could probably make one for this rather easily. Then you could just pick a "How big?" choice from the menu bar. I don't know quite enough to do this myself.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Gary King said:

Thanks!
No it doesn't. Make a New Playlist From Selection (cmd.shift-N) and look... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.