How do I know if I can jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kAoTiX, Dec 6, 2010.

1. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Now I have your attention.

Hopefully the main audience to this thread will be those who are knowledgable enough to answer the above question (or here to flame).

Basically, I'm working on a website that will tell you if you can jailbreak your current device on what ever firmware you currently have or an current upgrades that are available that you can jailbreak on as well.
    This is not just for the iPhone, it will include iPhone, iPod and iPad (possibly Apple TV but its a bit pointless right now).

I wanted to know what you guys thought the best method for delivering this information to the end user would be. Currently, if you visit the site through your device it can detect your current firmware and usually the device you're using. However, if you dont visit the site on your device, you will need to tell me what device you have.

I'm looking for design ideas, work flow ideas anything really to get the information to the end user in the easiest, most pleasant way possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if I use any ideas from anyone you will receive full credit for said work.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Well I don't think so. but thanks for the link.
    Google wasn't the first ever search engine you know ;)

4. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Wow, those charts could be overwhelming for some. Another idea though so thanks again.
    I would just like to reiterate that I'm looking for ideas as I already have the brains of the operation pretty much done. But I'm not a web designer, I'm a web developer so design is not my forte and as such I totally suck at it and cannot come up with design ideas either.