Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maccie13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
India, Mumbai
Is it advisable to self-learn Logic Pro?
I want to learn this thing because I have a great interest in sounds, so can anyone tell me how to go about it? I am completely new to such a software so I'm sure I will have to begin from scratch. Would I need to go to an academy/school? Or would the internet be enough?
I have Logic Pro 9 but without the Audio Content and Jam Packs and I don't have any audio interfaces or MIDI controllers yet.
But I have a keyboard, would that be helpful to start with?

sehnsucht77

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Is it advisable to self-learn Logic Pro?
I want to learn this thing because I have a great interest in sounds, so can anyone tell me how to go about it? I am completely new to such a software so I'm sure I will have to begin from scratch. Would I need to go to an academy/school? Or would the internet be enough?
I have Logic Pro 9 but without the Audio Content and Jam Packs and I don't have any audio interfaces or MIDI controllers yet.
But I have a keyboard, would that be helpful to start with?

Logic Pro is packaged/sold with the Additional Content and the Jam Packs. There are demo songs in it that you can dissect and learn from. I suggest going back into the program and installing that content so you can see how it works.

maccie13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
India, Mumbai
I've downloaded Logic Pro via torrent and although the whole software was about 50GB, I've installed only stuff worth 9GB because it demands CDs for the Audio Content & Jam Packs (which I obviously do not have.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.