How Do I Log In To My Macbook If Keyboard Isn't Working?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Erkuu, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Erkuu macrumors newbie

Erkuu

So this is my first thread, but I've been around here for a while now, reading several posts about macbooks and it have helped me a lot.

This is the problem:
    About a month ago, I accidentally spilled water all over my MacBook's keyboard, the mac was turned on, and i notices the keyboard wasn't working correctly; one time before that, I was taking a bath and i had my macbook in the bathroom for music, when i went out and tried to use it, the letter "p" on the keyboard wasn't working correctly, i just turned it off and a couple hours after it was working perfectly!
    So i did the same thing this time, let it dry for some hours, and it didn't worked, then let it dry for several days and it still doesn't work!
    So i removed some keys and try to clean the keyboard with comp air and it didnt worked still... So now I'm desperate!, I'm already thinking to send it to a mac store for repair, the thing is that right now I don't have the money to send it, since just for checking it its 400 pesos (i live in mexico) thats about USD$35 :eek:
    I want to know if there's a way i could log in to my macbook without having to type in the password, like using a remote keyboard or something, please, i love my macbook and i really need to use it for homework! (I study high school and need to record edit, etc music,videos and pics!)
    Please! if there's a way i could use my macbook in the meantime i take it to the geniuses i would be very happy!
    PLEASE HELP ME! i miss my macbook and hate pc's =S
    Thanks!
    Erku.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

you could plug in a USB keyboard and use that.

3. Erkuu thread starter macrumors newbie

Erkuu

But it should be a mac usb keyboard right? because i think that would be a sure-to-go plug and play i guess...

4. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Pretty much any USB keyboard will work, doesn't have to be an Apple one.