How Do I make a playlist to save favorite tunes???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayfor, May 28, 2010.

1. jayfor macrumors newbie

Hi guys, ive got a PC. And what im trying to do, is, make a new folder in itunes and put my favourite tunes in the folder so as to play on my iphone while driving. Im fed up searching albums with one hand and steering wheel in the other:(

Ive managed to make a new folder in the "playlist", then choosing an album, highlighting the track. Then trying to drag the track into the folder.

No luck, it wont do it. Should it work if I have the iphone connected via usb, or should it be done while disconnected?

Would be very gratefull for any help, as my nearest Apple shop is at least an hour away :(

Thanks...........Joe

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sounds to me like all you need is a playlist. iTunes doesn't really use "folders".

I have a playlist called ***

I just drag the current hot stuff I want to hear in that. Every once in a while I edit it.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Please write a meaningful title and you might get more help.

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

You should be able to go, on your computer, File -> Create New Playlist. Rename the playlist to something and then go to your main music library and drag the songs to the playlist you just created. Then when you sync your iPhone by plugging it in, go to the music tab on the top from the sync options and select the playlist you want to sync.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

+1 Your title is useless and not helpful for someone else searching for a similar issue in the future.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

if all else fails make a playlist on your iPhone... the "on the go" playlist

7. jayfor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats great, found it and gonna have a play now.

Sorry for the thread title, im used to classic car forums where their used quite a lot.:eek: