How do I make a video with two pictures?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bassi, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Bassi macrumors newbie

I'm quite new to OS X and iMovie and I'm trying to make a video with one of my favorite songs and two pictures.

I want the video to last the entire song and have it switch between the two pictures with the beat.
    How do I do something like that?

oh, and if you know another good program to easily do this please feel free to share :) I'm not bound to using iMovie

2. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Well in iMovie it would be pretty simple, import your song and pictures of choice and just click and drag the pictures and song into your timeline and go from there. I'm not sure how exactly you plan on doing it to the beat without a more professional editing software- somewhere along the lines of Final Cut Pro (or Express).

3. gameface macrumors 6502

I know nothing about iMovie but does it show the audio waveform in the audio track in the timeline? Cutting to the beat is easy with the waveform. It is also essential for making quality loops in songs or trimming parts away and recutting the song to make it shorter.

4. xStep macrumors 68000

What version of iMovie?

You might be able to take advantage of the Precision Editor. Click on an image and then click on the little gear and choose "Precision Editor". That choice is also available under the Window menu. In iMovie 09 I don't see a way to get wave forms so you'd have to use your ear to figure out image placement.