How do I make Airport Extreme invisible

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by azscp, Jul 17, 2007.

1. azscp macrumors member

I have two Macs on a home network using an Airport Extreme and want to know...

Is there a way to make my network invisible? And how can I see if someone is using my network?

I'm using WPA/WPA2

One more question. My wife's sister comes over with her laptop and wants to use our network. Which is fine because I type the password for her. But the problem is that once she has access once, she doesn't need to retype my network password the next time she wants to use the network. Is there a way to change this so that she needs me to sign her on to my network every time she comes over?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. srexy macrumors 6502a

Yes - in your Airport utility select the wireless tab and click on the Wireless Options button. You can then check the box that says "create a closed network".

To ensure that your sister has to authenticate each time - make sure that the "remember in keychain" option is unchecked when you first log her in. You'll have to clear the login section of her keychain or more simply - just change the airport password now that she is already authenticated.

Attached Files:

3. kolax macrumors G3

To see if anyone is using your network

[​IMG]

Wireless Clients is what you want to look for - tells you how many computers are connected to the Airport Extreme. This is located when you load up Airport Utility.

-----------------------------------------------------

To make Airport Extreme Invisibile

[​IMG]

Tick "create a closed network" and it won't advertise the network. This too is located: Airport --> Wireless --> Wireless Options

I don't know about user accounts on the Airport Extreme..