How do I make an autorun mp3 disc on a mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Grfelix, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Grfelix macrumors member

I have Toast Titanium 8 for mac, and I want to make a MP3 disc, but I want it to play automatically when I insert the CD on my mac..

When I make a mp3 cd on toast (Audio CD->mp3 disc... on the left panel) There is no option for autorun, and when I put the cd on my mac after I have burned it, it shows on my desktop as a data cd...:mad: .... and if I put the same cd on a windows machine it opens automatically.:confused:

Can someone tell me how do I burn an mp3 disc with autorun that works both on windows and mac???

:apple:thanks!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That has nothing to do with how you burn the disk. It is a setting in System Preferences (under CDs and DVDs). All you need to do is state that when an audio CD is inserted it is played automatically.

3. Grfelix thread starter macrumors member

Settings are ok..

System preferences and itunes settings are ok...

If I put on my mac a cd of photos, music, data that was burned with autorun on a windows machine, it automatically opens on itunes, finder or a slideshow on fullscreen with no problems.

But when I burn the disc on Toast Titanium 8 on my mac, it will not open automatically on my mac, only on windows..

Toast Titanium 8 for mac has the ability to make music DVDs, slideshows, data CDs, all with autorun and they work fine, but for MP3 CDs does not have the autorun option for mac (only for windows)

So my question is, How do I burn a MP3 CD on my mac with autorun?? I think you can't with Toast Titanium 8, but maybe with another program... How about burning the MP3 CD directly in iTunes? I know it work well... but the discs burned on iTunes have the autorun function?

:apple:Thanks