How do I make an AVI brighter/make a dvd I burn brighter?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by knobtwiddler, Jun 16, 2010.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

I converted an AVI to dvd, burned it and it's very dark. Any apps out there I can brighten an avi or the dvd with? I need it to look good on the TV so a simple brightening player on the computer won't be helpful.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is the second post that I have seen from someone complaining of dark playback of a DVD that had been constructed from an AVI video. Two questions:
    • What did you use to create the DVD?
    • What are you using to playback the DVD?

3. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

To convert AVI ti DVD I use ConvertXtoDVD3 (windows xp) (yeah, I know i know but visula hub's done and i can't find anything else tat converts PAL to NTSC or without tons of errors).

Playback: tried a dvd/vhs TV unit as well as a PS3. DVD looked dark on both. I usually have no dark problems but this time was a little different.

thanks for the reply.

4. dwero macrumors newbie

Just google dvd burnner or creator, you ll find much

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to learn which tools are available on the Mac. iMovie and iDVD are bundled with every Mac. Also, download and install the Perian QuickTime codec suite. There are also various and sundry free and opensource tools available on the Mac.

6. HalusN8er macrumors newbie

I use Xilisoft DVD Creator 6 on my mac. Almost everything I have burned was from an .avi file. I find the program really easy to use and haven't had any problems with the conversions. The program pretty much just does it for you. You can google it, to find the download, that's how I found it.