how do i make changes to a website i didnt create?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dltcst, Jul 31, 2009.

1. dltcst macrumors newbie

hi

i recently had someone build a website for me on iWeb, using my mobile me account and a domain name i had purchased.
    she used iWeb so i would be able to make changes to my site myself. she offered to give me a tutorial, but i dont wanna have to pay any more money for her services and figure i can do it myself.
    how do i do this?

thanks

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

You paid for someone to make you a website with iWeb, no matter how much or little you paid you got ripped of iWeb does all the work for you.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you want to edit it from iWeb you'll need to get the Domain.sites file from here that iWeb works from. You could also use a text editor (like TextWrangler) on the individual HTML files, but you really need to know what you're doing and it's very hard to work with HTML created by iWeb.

4. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    Lol, you've been scammed, my firend! Instead of paying her, you could have learnt HTML and CSS, at least at a basic level, for free, and then pay for RapidWeaver.

Does she give refunds? :) :D

5. dltcst thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all. i do realize i could have done this myself, but needed it done quickly and didnt't have the patience to do it myself. there was also a lot of video content that need to be uploaded. sometimes you just pay for convenience. and it wasn't that costly.

i will get the domain file- thanks so much.