How do I make Finder to always show labels in list view ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XPcentric, Feb 9, 2013.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

For all folders. Without editing each folder, repeating the setup infinitely.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

As there are seven colors to choose from, what are you proposing? How do you envision that the Finder will choose the color you want to use? There might be a way to do this with Automator, but I've never tried to use it.

3. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I was misunderstood. I didnt mean to say 'for all folders' but I meant to say 'in any folder' that I open in list view I want to see Label along Name, Date modified, Size. Now I have to click on Show view options for each folder.

4. jamietshaw macrumors member

The same as you set the other view options – View > Show View Options, make your changes then click on Use as Defaults.

Except… it may not work with folders you’ve been to in the past, because they may have settings that override the default. There must be a way to stop that, but I’m not sure what it is without consulting Google.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Oh, yes I misunderstood.

That's correct. If you've customized settings, those folders will not be affected by clicking Use as Defaults. I wouldn't be so sure that there's a way to prevent that behavior.