How do I make iTunes defer to my current phone setup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by james92se, Mar 21, 2011.

1. james92se macrumors 6502a

I haven't synced my iPhone 4 in months. I'm about to sync it, but how do I make my iTunes sync defer to my current iPhone setup (if that makes sense)?

I went to sync and it popped up a thing saying it was going to delete X number of apps.

I guess I'm an idiot but how can I make iTunes sync/backup ONLY my current iPhone setup? Is there no easy way to do this? Do I really have to manually check/uncheck each app?

Basically in a nutshell I want to sync my phone but do NOT want iTunes erasing current apps on my phone or adding on ones I've deleted in the past (which always seems to happen to me hence why I don't sync much). Is there no easy/straight forward way of doing this?

2. patp Guest

have you tried transferring purchases?

right click on iphone icon in sidebar and select transfer purchases. i'm assuming these apps were purchased on the Iphone and not transferred to the computer yet?

3. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Yup right click gives you the option to back up and transfer as well.. so I would transfer then back up.... then sync.... that should do the trick... for apps you dont want reappearing on your iphone.. on the apps tab while the iphone is connected.. make sure its unchecked from the list.

4. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm thanks I never knew about the right click and transfer. I'll have to try that after work this evening