Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devburke

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
ModNote: Site & Forum Feedback, where this thread is now, is the appropriate forum for this post. --mkrishnan

First off, sorry, this doesn't really belong in this section. But there didn't seem like there was any section appropriate for it.

Anyway, in my user settings, I tried setting the comment editor to WYSIWYG, rather than the standard editor, but I'm still just getting the standard. What gives?

Oh, I'm using Safari 4 on 10.5.8, if that makes a difference.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I don't have Safari 4 to test, but the WYSIWYG editor works properly in Firefox 3.5.2... It looks almost like the enhanced mode editor, except that the text box is slightly bluer, and, of course, if you change font settings, etc, you actually see them change.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I have a "Switch Editor Mode" button,
switchmode.gif
, in the top right of the Message field when replying.

Seems to work (using Camino 2.0B3 under Mac OS X 10.5.8).

Edit (from Safari 4): Hmm...it's not there. Probably a hiccup in vBulletin (or the editor, if that's third party), not supporting Safari...

devburke

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
ModNote: Site & Forum Feedback, where this thread is now, is the appropriate forum for this post. --mkrishnan

First off, sorry, this doesn't really belong in this section. But there didn't seem like there was any section appropriate for it.

Touché. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

I have a "Switch Editor Mode" button,
switchmode.gif
, in the top right of the Message field when replying.

I have something close to that but not quite in the upper left, when I hover on it it says "remove formatting", which isn't really what I want, but clicking that apparently doesn't remove the formatting, so that's actually two aspects of the editor that seem to be broken for me. :(

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Safari unfortunately doesn't support the tools vBulletin uses for WYSIWYG mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.