Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Hi all

I have a TP-Link router with a USB drive connected to it. My Windows PC can see this network drive no problem. However, my MBP won't reliably connect to or give me access to this drive.

How can I make it so my Mac sees the network drive as reliably as my Windows PC can?

Best wishes

M

mrochester

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Did you share it from the router? Did you use command button+k and try the router address?
I think I've figured it out. On the Mac I keep having to go to 'connect to server' and type the router name. On my Windows PC it just shows as another drive available. I wanted to have the same thing happen on the Mac but it seems to have to keep 'mounting' it on the Mac.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I think I've figured it out. On the Mac I keep having to go to 'connect to server' and type the router name. On my Windows PC it just shows as another drive available. I wanted to have the same thing happen on the Mac but it seems to have to keep 'mounting' it on the Mac.

You connect to it without having using the command+k us mount the share then drag it's icon to the right side of your Dock. So when you want to connect to it again just click on it in the Dock, just make sure you save any passwords to shares!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.