How do I make my MacBook realize my Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jenfightscrime, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jenfightscrime macrumors newbie

Okay so, I recently got a MacBook for the fact that my PC died. I had a ton of music on my PC but I realized I could probably just upload the music on my Ipod Touch to my Mac. I then noticed that Mac doesn't recognize Ipod Touches as a device or drive (doesn't come up on desktop) but my Itunes still sees it. I don't want to restore my Ipod, I don't want to lose my music. I had found this video, telling me to download a program called Senuti which will take my music off the Ipod and add it to my Itunes library. Only problem is- Senuti needs to be able to recognize my Ipod which it cannot. I had the idea of jailbreaking my Ipod and to download an app to make my Mac realize it's really a drive.
    Except, I'm not sure how to find this. If you know any other way, for me to do so, please respond.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

It won't mount on the desktop. You really need to make backups and use iTunes properly. It's meant to be a syncing program, not something where you just upload to your device and then delete from your computer. You won't be able to access your multimedia content off of SSH.

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

You can't use your iPod touch as an external HD / make it be recognized as such, to my knowledge.

EDIT:...beat to the answer again xD

4. jenfightscrime thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek: hah well thanks!
    I guess I shouldn't really worry about it, I could just download the music again, it'll just take longer. <3
    At least I can get some cool apps on my Ipod.