how do I make my menu bar look like this...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hurd111, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Hurd111 macrumors member

I was just wondering, how would I get my menu bar to look like the attached screenshot. I've seen it on many screenshots but I dont know how its achieved. Is there a program I can use?

any help?

thanks. :)

Attached Files:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I haven't heard if it's been updated for leopard, but there is an app called Shapeshifter that does things like that.

It might also just be someone's clever tinkering with the OS.

Where did you get that picture?

3. bartelby macrumors Core

I think someone in the January Desktops thread posted info about this...

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Looks like Shapeshifter and Silk. SS to change the 'theme', and Silk to change the font.

Silk does work in 10.5 (see here), but SS doesn't. There's a new program for Leopard in the works though, called Facade, that should be out sometime this year.

5. nigameash macrumors 6502

go to sys pref and then desktop and screensaver. now select the desktop bar and deselect translucent menu bar.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Nice :rolleyes:
    The OP is asking how to change the font in the menubar, and I don't see an option to do that in system preferences :p

7. Ghil macrumors newbie

and yet, that option is there. Before trying to nail someone, you might want to be sure of your facts ;)

8. Hurd111 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, just look at the picture compared to your own menu bar. It's darker, looks glossier, and has a smaller apple logo.

I've tried silk already but if anything Im wondering about the over all appearance than the font.

thanks for the help anyways.

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Alright Mr. Failpants, where do you see an option to change the font in System Preferences (note that in my previous post I never said it wasn't possible to change the translucency of the menubar)