how do i make my old imac g4 wireless?

newkeyboard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sussex, UK
I have a 20" 1.25 ghz imac (with the lamp screen). How would I go about setting up a wireless connection to my bt home hub. I searched the forum and found some mention of wifi cards but I thought the only thing I can add to an imac is ram? Can someone help a wifi noob out?

Sherman Homan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
You have a G4 that will take an Extreme card, they are not just plentiful, but they are still for sale in Apple stores and mail order companies. Popping one in is a little interesting, but go slow, stay organized, it is not that bad.

Cdmphoenix

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
What about a 15 inch 1.0 ghz g4

I have a 15 inch 1.0 ghz g4 and am having a hard time figuring out if it will take airport extreme of just airport. Thanks.

BTB0923

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2009
sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I am trying to make my imac wireless also. If I get an airport extreme card is that all I need to access the internet via my non-mac router? or do you need to have a mac base station also?

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I am trying to make my imac wireless also. If I get an airport extreme card is that all I need to access the internet via my non-mac router? or do you need to have a mac base station also?
Which iMac? But yes, as long as the card is compatible with the iMac and the router then all should be fine.