Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Long title, sorry. So I have two images I want to merge but the thing is that one looks a little softer where as the other is very sharp and bright. What tools would I use to adjust the overall look of a layer to make it seem as though they were taken at the same time together? Shadows are not an issue in this case.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Long title, sorry. So I have two images I want to merge but the thing is that one looks a little softer where as the other is very sharp and bright. What tools would I use to adjust the overall look of a layer to make it seem as though they were taken at the same time together? Shadows are not an issue in this case.

Make the sharp one match the soft one. There's likely little chance of getting them to match the other way around.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
There's really no one do-it-all tool for this. It's probably going to be difficult unless you are familiar with a lot different tools and just eye out one by one what changes need to be made in order to get the two to match.

and perhaps putting up the two images would help as we may be able to make some suggestions.

McDughf

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Great Britain
What Apps Do You Have?

Hi,
Its A Little Difficult To Offer Advice As I'm Not Sure What Software Your System Is Running.
If You Have Shake, There Are Are Whole Host Of Nodes You Can Use, Such As ColourMatch, That Would Easily Accomplish All The Tasks You Mentioned. It Would Even Stitch The Pictures Together For You Automatically.
Shake Has Become Ridiculously Cheap Now, And Besides Video I Use It For Most Of The Tasks I Used To Send To Photoshop.
I'm Afraid I Can't Offer Any Other Tips On This.

Barney

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007

Curves and the unsharpen mask, maybe.
Hard to say without seeing the images.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Hi,
Its A Little Difficult To Offer Advice As I'm Not Sure What Software Your System Is Running.
If You Have Shake, There Are Are Whole Host Of Nodes You Can Use, Such As ColourMatch, That Would Easily Accomplish All The Tasks You Mentioned. It Would Even Stitch The Pictures Together For You Automatically.
Shake Has Become Ridiculously Cheap Now, And Besides Video I Use It For Most Of The Tasks I Used To Send To Photoshop.
I'm Afraid I Can't Offer Any Other Tips On This.

Barney

I know £330 is cheap for what it is but it's unlikely he has Shake knocking around.

To the OP, do you have any experience with this kind of thing? Are you doing this to learn or do you need it done well? If the latter, get someone else to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.