iPod touch how do i move my ipod to a new computer?

jpeebs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
I have a jailbroken ipod touch 4g running ios 5.0.1. I recently bought a new laptop and would like to move my entire itunes and ipod info onto it from our desktop. I have backed up my itunes folder onto an external hard drive to transfer the music over, but i need to know how to set it up so i can sync my ipod on my laptop and make it the main computer my ipod is associated with. any help is apreciated!

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I have a jailbroken ipod touch 4g running ios 5.0.1. I recently bought a new laptop and would like to move my entire itunes and ipod info onto it from our desktop. I have backed up my itunes folder onto an external hard drive to transfer the music over, but i need to know how to set it up so i can sync my ipod on my laptop and make it the main computer my ipod is associated with. any help is apreciated!
Once you've copied over your iTunes folder, just sync with the new computer. Ta-Da!

Comment

jpeebs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
i figured it was somethin easy like that. that won't restore it though will it? that was the only reason i didn't try it.

Comment

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
I was going to be a smarta@$ and say you just pick up the iPod and place in the desk where your computer sits. Are you glad I decided not to be a smarta@$!

Comment