How Do I move...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacM4ODA, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MacM4ODA macrumors regular

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Plug in your thumb drive. Open thumb drive in Finder. Drag and drop your pictures into it.

Ensure your pendrive is formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) if you want it just to work on Macs, or exFAT if you want it to be readable/writeable by both Windows and Mac. You can format through Disk Utility.

3. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

thank you, i tried almost everything but what you suggested, i'll report (hopefully) my success.

regards,
    Mac

4. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

my TD is a Lexar, i did what you told me set up a password when finished the only option i had was "DELETE" the "DONE" option was not clickable..., now what ?

sorry to bother you this way, but these TD's seem to be more a pain in the butt and worthless if they are not instantly usable.

thank you.

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I'm really sorry but I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Would you be happy to supply any screenshots of what processes you've already done?

You can take a screenshot by pressing Cmd+Alt+4 and dragging the crosshair over where you want to screenshot, or pressing the spacebar when you see the screenshot crosshair and clicking on a window (icon will change to a camera) to screenshot the window.

6. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

thank you, i will do that soon as it is not a high priority task.

regards,
    Mac

7. highlystrange macrumors member

highlystrange

You may also want to try right-clicking on the thumb drive icon, on the desktop after the drive is inserted. From the right-click menu, choose "Get Info." Then check the permissions set on the thumb drive. It is possible (if unlikely) you don't have write permission to the thumb drive.

8. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

i'
    ll check that also.

thank you.