How do I order a wire bound book in Aperture?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by snberk103, Jul 24, 2011.

1. snberk103 macrumors 603

Hello All

Last spring I created and ordered a photo book using iPhoto. There was a book template that used a wire binding, and that is the template I used.

However, I was not entirely happy with the layout controls that iPhoto provided, so I upgraded to Aperture in order to place various elements with more control. However, I can't find anyway to order a wire bound book. Admittedly, I'm still newish to Aperture - but I'm pretty sure I've looked through all the options.

So, my questions are:
    1) Am I missing an option for the types of books one can order? Or....

2) Is there an easy way to move the completed book projected out of Aperture and back to iPhoto so that I can order the book through iPhoto?

Thanks in advance

2. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

1. Each version of iPHoto is different including the print options. idk why Apple deletes them when an new version comes out. I have a few books I did with the cutout window that was cool. Now that version is not available. I'm not sure but I think you need that version installed on your Mac to see that option.

2. When you send out your book to be printed its in PDF format. You can save your book as a PDF and then import into Aperture. I would import the photos and re-edit the book. The contrast is a little different in Aperture.

3. snberk103 thread starter macrumors 603

Thanks for the reply. I've been reading around, and your information seems to be absolutely correct, as far as each version of the SW offering different book printing options. Sigh. Don't really want to reimport the whole thing into iPhoto just for the binding. Oh well...

Thanks again...