Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mainiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
Maine
How do I just reserve the SE for store pickup? We'll be doing the Apple 24 month financing and they said to just order it for pick up at store and we'd pay then but I don't see any option for that.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Unfortunately, you can't.

Checkout process says store pickup currently is unavailable (delivery only).

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
How did you try to order, Web browser or the Apple Store App?

I saw the option on the last step using the App, it was a radio button choice. I did not choose it since I did not want to wait in line at the store. I went with delivery.

Dave

Mainiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
Maine
I tried both. App wouldn't accept input on that radio button and browser showed not available for pickup.

Not really how I wanted my first iPhone ordering experience to go. I was told by two employees at my store that I could do it this way. I'll stop in at some point today and see if I can reserve it in store.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Store pickup is not available now. Apple says the 31st will have store availability.
I think you're misunderstanding the question, you can select pick up at store instead of shipping, so when the 31st rolls around you can go grab it at the apple store you specified when buying it online.

It seems so far that option is not widely available for the SE

Mainiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
Maine
Store pickup is not available now. Apple says the 31st will have store availability.

Unfortunately this contradicts what two Apple store employees told me on Tuesday. I'm just annoyed I got up at 3:00 for nothing. I'm going to the store today to see what they say and hopefully it is possible to reserve two but I don't feel confident that will be the case.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I tried both. App wouldn't accept input on that radio button and browser showed not available for pickup.

Not really how I wanted my first iPhone ordering experience to go. I was told by two employees at my store that I could do it this way. I'll stop in at some point today and see if I can reserve it in store.

OK, it seems clear now the "pick up" option is just the standard "pick up" function as for other Apple products where store availability (stock) determines your ability to choose to "pick up" in store vs delivery. There is not currently an option to reserve an iPhone SE for in store pick up until they actually have stock next week beginning on or about March 31.

It might be possible to order on March 30 for in store pick up on March 31 if they update the store stock the evening of the 30th.

Dave

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
You can visit an Apple Store on the 31st for to purchase in store or to schedule a pickup like all iPhone launches.

Mainiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
Maine
You can visit an Apple Store on the 31st for to purchase in store or to schedule a pickup like all iPhone launches.

This is the first time I've ever ordered an iPhone. I don't have a problem with it if that's the way it works but the fact that I was given wrong information twice is just frustrating.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Not quite, in several previous iPhone launches there has been an option to "Reserve" an iPhone during the Preorder window for in store pick up on launch day.

This "Reserve' option allow the stores to have a larger inventory to cover preorder reserves and walk-ins. Most stores had two lines: 1 for reserved iPhones and 1 for walk-ins. :cool:

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.