How do I playback my iTunes Library on my macbook once all the songs are downloaded

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by flakes8, Dec 2, 2011.

1. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

I have matched 20,000 songs in the cloud and now want to play them on my macbook pro but am asked to verify the path. My music is on an external harddrive which I would like to have stay there. So now that I am synched how do I play the songs in on my macbook. Sorry if this has been asked but i can not find a straight answer anywhere.....Thank You :0)

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

If using iTunes match, you need to do something quite scary. You need to select all songs and delete them, make sure you say not to delete them from iTunes match.

Make sure everything is matched first and make sure it's all on your external drive too.

Also, make sure to select 'keep files' too.

3. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

As was said above, but it shouldn't be too scary for him as his entire library is on external. But yes you need to select all songs, delete, and make sure not to check the box to delete from iTunes as well.

Then all your songs should have a cloud with a down arrow next to the song title meaning they're in the cloud ready for download or streaming.

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Yeah, it isn't when you just know, if you're trying it for the first time though, deleting music from your computer can seem a scary prospect...

5. flakes8 thread starter macrumors regular

flakes8

6. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

I tried this and it worked however, as my original iTunes library was on my NAS at home, when I am away, iTunes prompts me for the library! Can I not play all my cloud music from anywhere (away from my physical library location)?